Rockforde D. King
Areas of Practice
Phone: (865) 546-0500, ext. 241
Fax: (865) 525-5293
J.D., University of Tennessee, 1985
B.A. Public Administration, University of Tennessee, 1981
U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court for Middle District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court for Western District of Tennessee
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit;
U.S. Supreme Court
Board certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Founding Member, Coalition of Food Industry Defense Counsel
Knox County General Sessions Special Judge, Pro Temp
Chairman, National Legislative Interest Committee, 1982-85
Graduate Student Council, 1982-85
Rocky King practices primarily in the area of civil litigation, where his work extends to the following:
- Worker’s Compensation
- Insurance Defense
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
Most of Rocky’s present practice is concentrated in Workers’ Compensation, where he has particular experience in the transportation industry.
Some interesting cases Rocky has been involved in include the following:
- James H. Harness v. Bechtel Jacobs Company, LLC, et. al., No. E2006-00194-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. App. January 3, 2007)
- Megan Arnold, et. al., v. Charles Arnold, et. al., No. E2001-00596-COA-R3-CV (Tenn. App. February 7, 2002)
- Keith Johnson, et. ux., et. al., v. Fortunes Untold, Inc. d/b/a Easy Money Pawn Shop, et. al., No. 03A01-9710-CV-00464, 1998 WL 379186, at *1 (Tenn. App. July 8, 1998)
- John R. Kreis, Inc. and National American Insurance Company vs. Janet Elizabeth Arons, et. al., Tenn. Supreme Court No. 03-S01-9701-CH-00058 decided September 30, 1997 by Justice E. Riley Anderson
- Johnny Ownby vs. National American Insurance Company Tenn. Supreme Court No. 03S01-9604-CV-0037 decided December 19, 1996 by Justice E. Riley Anderson
As an attorney for the Grocery Manufacturer’s Association, Rocky was a founding member of the Coalition of Food Industry Defense Counsel (COFIC), a group that defends and promotes the food industry interests at both manufacturing and retail levels. He has worked closely with such industry leaders as Bush Brothers, Inc., Campbell Soup, Dole, Gerber, Heinz, Hormel, Kraft, Quaker Oats, and Star Kist.
Rocky became board certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, an American Bar Association accredited organization, in December 1995, and by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization in February 1996.
Before attending law school, he was a trainer with the University of Tennessee Athletic Department from 1977-1982, and was an authorized sports agent for the players’ associations of the NFL, NBA, and MLB for several years thereafter.
He is a member of the Knoxville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. He is also a member of the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, the Tennessee Association For Justice, the Defense Research and Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association For Justice, and Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International.
Rocky’s pro bono efforts include serving as the Director of the Kiwanis Club of Knoxville Inc.’s Fresh Air Camp, a camp for underprivileged children, and serving on the Board of Directors at West End Academy and the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Knoxville, Inc.